The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP) andÂ Strathmore UniversityÂ offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Ph.D. Scholarships Eastern Africa Kenya 2019.
Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing a Ph.D. degree program
Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of Health Management.
Scholarship Award: The winners will receive:
The scholarship includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet.
The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program.
They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDEAL
Nationality: Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Kenya
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The Scholarship is open toÂ citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have Bachelorâ€™s and/or Masterâ€™s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated program or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications for DAAD Ph.D. scholarships at Strathmore UniversityÂ mustÂ be in the following program/field of study: Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
Method of Application:
- To apply for the scholarship, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
- Applications for these scholarships are will be managed jointly by IDeAL and Strathmore University.
- Applications should be submitted to Strathmore University no later thanÂ Sunday 24th February 2019 at 5.00pm.
- To apply for the DAAD 2019 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies, the following documents should be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Strathmore Universityâ€™s Application form for Graduate Studies. Click below for a copy of the application form.
- Certified copy of your High School Certificate.
- Certified copies of all Degree Certificates and Transcript of Records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. (Kindly note the copies of the certificates and transcripts must be certified either by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms of which one must be from a former graduate professors/senior lecturer particularly qualified to attest to the applicantâ€™s qualification for graduate studies. The second reference may be from a professor or employer.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Copy of the National ID or bio page of the Passport.
- The signed DAAD Information Sheet for Scholars, 2019/2020.
- A D. research proposal including a detailed work plan (maximum 7000 words).
- Keep to the word count. Note that plagiarism will be checked. Note that at least one of your proposed supervisor(s) should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
- A copy of the research work undertaken at the Master
- Names of at least two proposed supervisors one of whom one must be a Strathmore University staff member.
Method of Application:Â To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:Â https://www.strathmore.edu/daad-in-country-in-region-phd-scholarships-eastern-africa/
- ClickÂ hereÂ to download the Reference Form.
- ClickÂ hereÂ to download the Graduate Application Form.
- ClickÂ hereÂ to download the DAAD Information Sheet.
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 24, 2019