YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa â€“ Accra invites applications for itsÂ Emerging Leaders Program for 2019.
Course Level:Â Short courses/Training, Entrepreneurship
Eligible Countries:Â Â Benin,Â Burkina Faso, the island nation ofÂ Cape Verde,Â Gambia,Â Ghana,Â Guinea,Â Guinea-Bissau,Â Ivory Coast,Â Liberia,Â Mali,Â Mauritania,Â Niger,Â Nigeria, the island ofÂ Saint Helena,Â Senegal,Â Sierra Leone,Â SÃ£o TomÃ© and PrÃncipeÂ andÂ Togo.
Selection Criteria:Â Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Number of Awards:Â Not specified
Value of Award:Â
- Business and Entrepreneurship: This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management: This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management: This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks.
Method of Application:Â Apply Now
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 6th January 2019