The University of Manchester has recently launched Â£2.5m investment in PhD training with the Presidentâ€™s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards.
Course Level:Â PhD
To be taken at (country):Â UK
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible, candidates:
- must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Distinction.
- should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
Selection Criteria:Â Â Consideration will be based on academic track record and evidence of research potential.
Value of Scholarship:Â In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional Â£1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
They will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend a series of exclusive events where youâ€™ll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a Presidentâ€™s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
Duration of Scholarship:Â 3 years
Method of Application:Â
- To be considered for one of these awards, candidates are required to submit an Alliance MBS PhD application and indicate that you wish to be considered for this funding opportunity.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application as early as possible. Candidates who do not submit the required supporting documents by the specific deadlines will not be considered.
Award Provider:Â University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 30th January,Â 2019