University College London (UCL) and United World Colleges (UWC) Â with International Student House (ISH), have agreed to collaborate in a scheme to enable graduates of UWC, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
Course Level:Â Undergraduate
Eligible Countries:Â International
To be taken at (country):Â University College London (UCL), UK
Eligible Field of Study:Â courses offered at UCL
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must:
- be a final-year IB Diploma student attending a United World College (or completed their studies in the preceding calendar year â€“ candidates from Waterford Kamhlaba UWC only);
- apply for admission through UCAS by 15 January 2019 for a full-time undergraduate degree programme of study at UCL and firmly accept your UCL offer;
- be assessed as paying overseas tuition fees, and
- lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Selection Criteria:Â Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit, based on the aims of the bursary.
Number of Awardees:Â Two
Value of Scholarship:Â The scholarships will consist of:
- full tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance of Â£7,000 per year, for three years (consideration could be made for four-year programme â€“ you must state this in your scholarship application);
- free accommodation in a standard of twin room at International Student House for up toÂ three years (40 weeks contact per year) with the possibility of an extension into the fourth year where required;
- reinbursement of Tier 4 Visa application costs;
- international economy air travel to/from the UK (with reasonable baggage costs) at the beginning and end of the award holders degree programme.
Duration of Scholarship:Â for the period of the studentâ€™s programme of study.
Method of Application:
You must apply forÂ admission to UCLÂ to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th January, 2019