Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â sub-Saharan Africa
To be Taken at (country):Â UK
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- meet the Schoolâ€™s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2019-20 for one of the Schoolâ€™s 18Â London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Number of Awards:Â 3
Value of Award:Â Each scholarship will cover
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16,950.00.
Duration of Program:Â 1 year
Method of Application:Â Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2019-20 for aÂ London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the â€˜How to Applyâ€™ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the Schoolâ€™s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline. (Where possible, we would encourage applicants to submit a complete application for study as far in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible, to allow for timely processing.)
- Step 2: Submit anÂ online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by the scholarship deadline. A completedÂ Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarshipÂ must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online application system please contactÂ LSHTM ITÂ by email, providing them with your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the issue that you have encountered. Please attach a screen shot of the difficulty.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 13th February 2019 midnight (GMT).