ECA is inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals to the â€œECA Fellowships for Young African Professionalsâ€ programme.
Course Level:Â Fellowship, Internship
Eligible Countries:Â Member countries
To be taken at (country):Â Various duty stations
The programme aims to provide practical, on-the-job experience to the young professionals as they prepare either for a career in research and international development and the public sector. It will also familiarize them with the Commissionâ€™s broad programmes and services to member States and sub-regional bodies in addressing the social dimensions of Africaâ€™s development.
ECA is hereby inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals in the following thematic areas:
- Macroeconomic policy, Economic Governance & Public Finance;
- Private Sector Development & Finance, including Innovative Finance & Capital Markets;
- Poverty, Inequality and social development,
- Gender equality and women empowerment;
- Demographic Dynamics for Development;
- Innovation and Technology;
- Climate Change & Management of Natural Resources, including Green Economy;
- Industrialization and Economic Diversification Policies;
- Development Planning and Statistics;
- Regional Integration; Infrastructure and Trade;
- Labor Economics and Employment.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The Fellowship programme is targeted at young Africans. Candidates applying for Fellowship position must be below 30 years of age when entering the programme. They must have Masters Degree or related Advanced degree. Candidates currently enrolled in a Ph.D programme or with an admission are also welcome to apply.Â
Number of Awards:Â Not specified
Value of Award:
- Fellows must be available to travel to the assigned station by 1 March 2019;
- Will receive a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and the assigned duty station
- A one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000 and a monthly stipend of USD 3,000 for the duration of the fellowship. Note that the final month stipend will only be paid upon submission of a peer reviewed fellowship research paper, a comprehensive fellowship report, an approved final performance evaluation of the fellow, a completed fellowship programme evaluation form and an exit boarding pass or immigration stamp showing that the fellow has departed the duty station and returned back to his/her home country, where both are not the same, at the end of the fellowship programme.
Duration of Programme:Â Six months
Method of Application:Â
- Applications with all the supporting documents should be emailed to the address indicated below, bearingthe appropriate subject line.
- Go through all application requirements on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 9th January 2019