The LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) programme offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Masterâ€™s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â International (non EU/EEA)
To be taken at (country):Â The Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria:Â Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The studentâ€™s career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- The studentâ€™s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship students should:
- have a non-Dutch nationality;
- hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- have been admitted to one of the Masterâ€™s programmes mentioned above;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Number of Awards:Â Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
Value of Award:Â With the scholarship students will be able to cover the costs of the tuition fee and part of the living expenses.
- for students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EAA student): â‚¬5.000
- for students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non EU/EAA students): â‚¬17.500
Duration of Programme:Â In a 2-yearâ€™s Masterâ€™s programme the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Method of Application:Â
- Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship have to apply for admission to the programmeÂ before 1 February.
- There is no separate application for the LEG International Talent Scholarship. An application for anÂ Utrecht Excellence ScholarshipÂ will be considered an application for a LEG International Talent Scholarship as well.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st February 2019