Maastricht University High Potential scholarshipsÂ are offeredÂ by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to undertake a Masterâ€™s programme at Maastricht University.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
To be taken at (country):Â Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria:Â All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Masterâ€™s programme at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please clickÂ hereÂ for a full list of the Masterâ€™s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Masterâ€™s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2019.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019-2020 scholarship programme applicants.
Value of Scholarship:Â
- Living expenses:Â â‚¬ 12,350 (13 months) or â‚¬ 23,750 (25 months)
- Insurances: â‚¬ 520
- Visa costs: â‚¬ 192
- Tuition fees: â‚¬ 13,000 â‚¬ 15,000 or â‚¬ 17,500 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-AcademicÂ Training Costs:Â â‚¬ 695
Duration of Scholarship:Â
- 13 months in the case of a one-year masterâ€™s programme
- 25 months in the case of a two-year masterâ€™s programme
Method of Application:Â Interested students can find the steps to apply for this scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage.Â In the sectionÂ Application and Selection, you may go throughÂ information about how to fill and send the application form. This differs per faculty.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st February 2019
Award Provider:Â Maastricht University