University of Cape Townâ€™s Graduate School of Business offers Bertha Centre scholarship for African students to study courses that advance social justice,innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Course Level:Â Masters (MBA/MPhil)
Eligible Countries:Â African countries
Eligibility Criteria:Â The Bertha Centre scholarships are open to innovators, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change-makers, social activists and cross-disciplinary candidates from any field provided they are actively involved in the exploration of social, environmental and/or economic justice using innovative approaches.
You are eligible for a Bertha Scholarship:
- if you meet the admissionÂ requirements of the universityÂ for your selected course of study.
- if you are anÂ African citizenÂ or permanent resident.
- if you are anÂ entrepreneurÂ who has started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social and/or economic change.
- if you are anÂ intrapreneurÂ who has worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation.
- if you demonstrate strongÂ leadershipÂ qualities within your field.
Number of Awardees:Â Not specified
Value of Scholarship:Â The Bertha Centre Scholarship covers full or partial costs.
Method of Application:Â Candidate must first be eligible, comply with and apply for the MBA or MPhil programmes entrance requirements at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive InnovationÂ programme applicationÂ before the respective deadlines to the GSB.
- Submit theÂ GSB Scholarship ApplicationÂ Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded.
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minute] video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).
VisitÂ Scholarship WebpageÂ for Details
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Extended to 15th November (from 31st October)Â 2018
Award Provider:Â The Bertha Foundation,Â Canon Collins Trust
- Candidate will only be able to take up the Bertha Centre Scholarship if you are successfully admitted to the UCT GSB MBA, MPhil or PhD programmes.
- Candidateâ€™s submission will be assessed and the Bertha Centre will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview with the scholarship selection panel.