The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellorâ€™s International Scholarship â€“ African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries.
Course Level:Â Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Eligible Countries:Â African countries (see list below)
To be taken at (country):Â Australia
Fields of Study:Â Science,Â Technology,Â Engineering, andÂ Mathematics
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must:
- Be a female.
- Have a citizenship of a country within the Sub-Saharan Africa region*.
- Have met the Universityâ€™s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for a coursework program that is listed as in the area ofÂ Science,Â Technology,Â Engineering, andÂ MathematicsÂ at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus).
- Have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for postgraduate applications and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Commence the degree program in Session 1 (February) 2019 or Session 2 (July) 2019. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship application, students will be contacted with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the assessment process.
Number of Awards:Â 1
Value of Award:
- The total value of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
- This scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellorâ€™s International Scholarship â€“ African Women in STEM is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Eligible Countries:Â Angola,Â Benin,Â Botswana,Â Burkina Faso,Â Burundi,Â Cabo Verde,Cameroon,Â Central African Republic,Â Chad,Â Comoros,Â Congo,Â Democratic Republic of the Congo,Â CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoire,Â Equatorial Guinea,Â Eritrea,Â Ethiopia,Â Gabon,Â Gambia,Â Ghana,Â Guinea,Â Guinea-Bissau, Kenya,Â Lesotho,Â Liberia,Â Madagascar,Â Malawi,Â Mali,Â Mauritania,Â Mauritius,Â Mozambique,Â Namibia,Â Niger,Â Nigeria,Â Rwanda,Â Sao TomÃ© and PrÃncipe,Â Senegal,Â Seychelles,Â Sierra Leone,Â South Africa,Â South Sudan,Â Swaziland,Â United Republic of Tanzania,Â Togo,Â Uganda,Â Zambia,Â Zimbabwe
Method of Application:Â
- Applicants must complete anÂ online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete anÂ online scholarship application formÂ and type â€œAfrican Women STEMâ€ in the Scholarship Name field.
- We will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 30th June 2019