Course Level:Â Undergraduate
Eligible Countries:Â African countries
- Each Full Member AISA school is invited to identify and process applications from female students who are first country nationals residing in countries where the school is located.
- There is no age restriction for this scholarship but candidates will normally be secondary school students (Grade 9-12). Support for students commencing earlier than grade 9 will be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- All applications must be received from a Full Member School. Individual students cannot apply to AISA directly for this scholarship.
Number of Awards:Â Not specified
Value of Award:
- Participating schools commit to covering core tuition costs associated with the studentâ€™s education, year on year until graduation. The Margaret Sanders AISA Scholarship supports the school contribution by covering a full range of incidental expenses such as extracurricular activities, school camps and IT expenses.
- Award maximum:Â US$2,000 per annum per student
Method of Application:Â
- Each participating school is welcome to design and implement a scholarship application process appropriate to their context.
- Once the school has selected their scholarship nominee, they are invited toÂ submit the candidate to AISA for consideration of the Margaret Sanders AISA Scholarship for Girls.
- Only one nomination can be made per full member school per year.
- Applications must be received by AISA no later than March 1st prior to the school year during which the scholarship will commence. The completed submission from the participating school to AISA must clearly indicate:
- Full details of the candidate girlâ€™s application to the school along with any support documents that may be pertinent.
- A written assurance from the head of the school indicating the schoolâ€™s willingness to commit to supporting the candidateâ€™s education until graduation (contingent of the scholarship holder meeting all of the participating schoolâ€™s graduation requirements).
- The number of years the school expects support from the Margaret Sanders AISA Scholarship for the candidate.
- The annual amount the school will contribute (in cash or kind) towards the candidateâ€™s education (optional).
- Completed applications will be submitted to the AISA Board for their consideration.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the school of the winning candidate. The school is required to invoice AISA within three months of the scholarship being awarded.
- Annual progress reports (including a financial report on how the money was spent) must be submitted to AISA at the end of each academic year in order to secure ongoing support for the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st March 2019