The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to supportÂ 120 talented African studentsÂ through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to becomeÂ changemakers in their home countries.
Course Level:Â Bachelors, Masters
Eligible Countries:Â Africans
To Be Taken At (Country):Â France
Eligibility Criteria:Â Bachelors, Masters
Eligibility:Â The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with anÂ outstanding academic recordÂ andÂ strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
Number of Awards:Â 120 for a period of 5 years.
- Undergraduate: 5
- Graduate: 5
- Summer School: 12
Value of Award:Â Thee scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study .
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programmeÂ andÂ individualised academic advisingÂ throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programmeÂ offered in collaboration with theÂ Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to ourÂ business incubatorÂ and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
Duration of Program:Â The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelorâ€™s degree, two years for the Masterâ€™s degree and one month for the Summer School.
Method of Application:
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- Bachelor: January 31, 2019
- Master: January 15, 2019
- Summer School: February 18, 2019
Award Providers:Â Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program