The University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for Postdoctoral research position in language and computation. This position is available for international students.
Course Level: Position is available to study Postdoctoral research Programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or computer science with a strong focus on language, or another related field;
- have an excellent record of publication in top journals;
- have a strong motivation to undertake excellent academic research;
- beÂ able and willing to work in a team and in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Have an excellent command of English.
Method of Application:Â Your applicationÂ should consist of the following material:
- a cover letter of maximum two A4 pages explaining your reasons forÂ applying for the position and how they can contribute to the project in terms of both teamwork and expertise (with reference to your doctoral studies, publication record and writing sample);
- a CV, including: (a) details of studies and in particular a list of completed courses and corresponding grades; (b) a list of all relevant outputs (especially articles and talks); (c) the names of two referees;
- a writing sample of maximum 8,000 words. This can (but need not be) a chapter of your PhD thesis, in which case it is expected that the writing sample would still be sufficiently self-contained. The writing sample should be demonstrably relevant to the projectâ€™s themes and objectives.
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 25, 2018