The Soomunth Balgobin and Maya Luchman Balgobin Trust is inviting applications for Undergraduate degree programme at the University of Mauritius. These scholarships are available to citizens and residents of the Republic of Mauritius.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a Undergraduate degree.
Eligible Countries:Â Scholarship is available forÂ citizens and residents of the Republic of Mauritius.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should satisfy the following conditions:
- Students are citizens and residents of the Republic of Mauritius.
- Students are enrolled on a full-time programme, in any Faculty/Centre, at the University of Mauritius. 3. The family monthly income of the students does not exceed Rs20,000/-
- Students are not beneficiaries of any other grant or scholarship.
Selection of beneficiaries of the Scholarships will be carried out by the trustees of the SBMLB Trust.
Method of Application:
- Applications must be made on the prescribed form obtainable from the Admissions and Student Records Office, Professor Sir Edouard Lim Fat Engineering Tower, Ground floor, University of Mauritius, RÃ©duit or from the UoM website under Assistance to Students/Scholarships on the following link: http://www.uom.ac.mu/index.php/study-atuom/prospective-students/assistance-to-students-scholarships.%20Applicants%20should%20submit%20copies%20of%20the%20following%20supporting%20documents%20along%20with%20their%20application:
- One recent passport-size photograph;
- Copies of Birth Certificate and National Identity Card;
- Copies of National Identity Card of Responsible Party/ies;
- Evidence of monthly income of parents, marital status of parents and proof of need for financial assistance;
- A testimonial from the Faculty/Centre concerned certifying that the applicant is a registered student of the UoM;
- Copies of their HSC or GCE (A) level certificates;
- The beneficiaries must subscribe to an agreement to follow and complete the Programme of Studies and to inform The Soomunth Balgobin and Maya Luchman Balgobin Trust if they obtain another scholarship/grant or decide to withdraw from the Programme of Studies and
- Renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd and subsequent years will depend on good academic results for the previous academic year, regular attendance and good behaviour as certified by UoM. A relevant report will be sought from UoM on the last two aspects.
- Completed Application Forms with all supporting documents MUST reach the Admissions and Student Records Office, UoM by Monday 27th August 2018 at latest.
- Note (i) Applications received after the closing date and/or not supported by the relevant documents will not be considered. (ii) Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 27, 2018