Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
The NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to offer Niger Deltans the opportunity to pursue a degree program abroad. The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
Course Level:Â Masters & PhD
Eligible Countries:Â Nigeria ( Niger Deltan States)
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Masterâ€™s Degree programme and a good Masterâ€™s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseasâ€™ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantorâ€™s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicantâ€™s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
Method of Application:Â Application must be made on-line at the Commissionâ€™s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng). With the following attachments.
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognized Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
1. Successfully completed application forms will be assigned registration numbers automatically.
2. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
3. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the Â NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Friday 20th July 2018