The call for Imperial College Research Fellowships starting in 2019 is now open. Imperialâ€™s prestigious Imperial College Research Fellowships sustain the brightest and best early career researchers from across the world, providing a level of commitment and support that is rare from a UK university.
Course Level:Â Imperial College Research Fellowships are intended for postdoctoral researchers of demonstrated ability, who are at the early stages of their research career and who have the potential to establish research independence.
Eligible Countries:Â There are no restrictions on nationality.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however, you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered
- Applicants should have a PhD and will normally have no more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment (calculated from the PhD viva to the application deadline). Exceptions to this can include discipline hopping, where there must still be less than four years post-doctoral research experience in the discipline of the proposed fellowship; career breaks and career changes, where time spent out of the academic research environment will not be counted in the four years
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying to the Faculty of Engineering and Imperial College Business School are permitted to apply before the submission of the PhD but any offer of funding will be dependent on the PhD being awarded before the start of the fellowship
- For applications to the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Medicine, a PhD must have been submitted before an application is made and the PhD must be awarded before the start of the fellowship
Method of Application:Â Candidates who are interested in applying for an Imperial College Research Fellowship must contact their proposed sponsor and proposed sponsor department as soon as possible, to discuss their intentions to apply.
- Applicants should complete and submit an online application form via the Collegeâ€™sÂ careers website. The deadline for submission is 23:59 (GMT) Tuesday 28 August 2018
- The application form has six sections
- Applicants must complete Sections 1-2, and 5-6, which covers personal details, funding request, research proposal and CV
- The agreed Imperial sponsor must complete Section 3.Â If there is more than one sponsor from Imperial, each sponsor is required to complete Section 3
- Any sponsor from the Francis Crick Institute is required to complete Section 4
- Any sponsor from AstraZenecaÂ is required to complete a sponsor form. The candidate must then upload this with the application form as an â€˜other attachmentâ€™. Please contactÂ Dr Vjera Magdalenic-Moussavifor further information.5
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 28, 2018