The Renmin University of China is offering Scholarships for Master of Contemporary Chinese Studies for foreign students to study in China.
Renmin University of China is a research-oriented comprehensive university focusing on humanities and social sciencesIt is directly under the Ministry of Education of China andis jointly financed and supported by Chinaâ€™s Ministry of Education and the Beijing Municipal government.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue Master of Contemporary Chinese Studies.
Eligible Countries:Â Scholarships are available to foreign students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be foreign citizens who have interest in the BRI and Chinese culture.
- Applicants should be under the age of 45 (before August 1st 2018).
- Applicants should have a Bachelorâ€™s Degree or above (awarded before August 31st 2018).
- Applicants should have ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing equivalent to a score of IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 90.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from two (2) of the following categories:
Method of Application:Â Complete the Online Application on the website of the International Studentsâ€™ Office at Renmin University (http://app.ruc.edu.cn/idccy) from May 2nd to June 10th 2018.
- Application Form;
- Proof of highest diploma (original copy or notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts (original copy or notarized photocopy);
- 2-inch passport photos with white background;
- Information page of your valid personal and ordinary passport;
- Two letters of recommendation in English;
- Personal statement (at least 1000 words in English, indicating your educational and work background, your motivation for applying, study plans and career goals);
- Personal CV Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The examination result must be obtained within one month, stating that the applicant has no serious infectious diseases or any diseases which could prevent entry into China.
- Copies of a catalogue of published academic articles along with abstracts, awards received or other original research (optional).
- Personal video clip (optional).
Notes on Application
- All the application materials must be submitted electronically as one PDF document in the prescribed order to the following address: srsruc-at-ruc.edu.cn (video and academic essays submitted alone)
- All documents should be in English; otherwise, certified English translations should be submitted with the original documentsÂ· The cut-off date for submitting the above materials is June 10th 2018.
Scholarship Applications Deadline:Â June 10, 2018