The University of Verona is calling applications for 34th Cycle of PhD Scholarship program available for foreign students starting academic year 2018-2019. The 34th cycle of PhD programmes officially begins on 1st October 2018.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Scholarships are available to foreign students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be admitted to a PhD programme, all applicants (regardless of age or nationality) must hold a Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale or a Laurea (of the old system before Reform no. 509/1999) issued by an Italian University, or an equivalent-level foreign degree. This means candidates with a foreign Masterâ€™s degree (e.g. MSc or MA) that would grant them access to PhD programmes in the country where the degree was conferred are entitled to apply.
- Candidates who will complete their Masterâ€™s degree by 31st October 2018 are also entitled to apply. Their application will be considered â€œsubject to confirmationâ€ and they will be required to submit their degree certificate or a self-certification to the PhD Office (Area Ricerca â€“ U.O. Dottorati di Ricerca) by 31st October 2018 (in accordance with Presidential Decree no. 445 of 28/12/00 for EU citizens). Any applications which lack this document will not be considered. 3.3 Candidates who are already enrolled in a PhD programme at the University of Verona may, if they pass the relevant entrance exams and are successfully graded in the merit ranking, change to a different PhD programme. Students who change PhDs must renounce their previous PhD programme and begin again from the first year of the new programme only if the programme offers a place without a scholarship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD will not be admitted to any programme with similar research topics to that of their PhD. Candidates who have already benefited from a PhD scholarship, regardless of the place and year, are not eligible for another scholarship. All candidates may submit their application for the present Call, subject to confirmation. If any of the aforementioned prerequisites are not satisfied, the university reserves the right to exclude applicants from the selection procedure for justified reasons at any time, even after the examination sessions have taken place.
Method of Application:Â Applications must be submitted electronically only, from 18th May 2018 until 1 pm on 18th June 2018 (Italian local time) using the application form at www.univr.it/applicationphd Procedure:
- Connect toÂ www.univr.it/applicationphd
- Register by entering the information required
- Select the PhD programme you wish to apply for 4. Fill in all the required details using the online application form
Further instructions for submitting the online application can be found in the specific guidelines available on Dottorati di Ricerca website.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â June 18, 2018