The Lancaster University is offering a three year fully funded Leverhulme PhD studentship in the Sociology Department at the University.Â The studentship is available for UK and EU citizens.
Course Level:Â Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Studentship is available for UK and EU citizens.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates will preferably have a background and academic interest in sociology; anthropology, science and technology studies; Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), history of technology, material culture or social theory. Knowledge of relevant academic debates will be a significant advantage.
- Candidates must have qualifications of the standard of Bachelorâ€™s degree at first or upper second class level, and must also have a suitable Masterâ€™s degree or equivalent (or will have completed a Masterâ€™s degree by the starting date October 2018) in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate that they have received training in the theoretical and methodological aspects of both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Candidates must satisfy theÂ ESRCâ€™s academic and residential eligibility requirementsÂ (i.e. the UK or EU citizenship at the time of application).
Method of Application:Â
- A full CV, including two named referees (one of whom should be your most recent academic tutor/supervisor);
- A copy of Bachelorâ€™s degree and Masterâ€™s degree transcript (or the copy of equivalent qualifications);
- A letter of application (not exceeding two pages of A4) outlining your suitability for a PhD and explaining how you would approach the research;
- An example of postgraduate level written work (e.g. a research article, chapter, or essay).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 18, 2018