Applications are invited for 9 Doctoral Scholarships at the Berlin Graduate School for Ancient Studies for the winter term 2018/19, starting on January 1st, 2019. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
CourseÂ Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must hold an outstanding Masterâ€™s degree, or equivalent degree. This call is open for individual proposals. Each fellowship will include a stipend of 1365 euros per month to be awarded for two years, with an option to extend the support for a third year, depending on the positive evaluation towards the end of the second year.
Method of Application:Â Candidates are asked to send their application including the documents listed below and referring to the application quoting reference number 2018-BerGSAS-EC-1 before April, 30th, 2018.
Required application documents (1 PDF, max. 10 MB):
- Statement of purpose in applying to the PhD program (max. 3 pp)
- Dissertation project synopsis (8-10 pp)
- Working plan and schedule
- Curriculum vitae (CV, resume)
- Completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copies of certificates of any academic degrees
- Writing sample (15-20 pp)
- Copies of certificates of English (C-1) and/or German (DSH-2) language skills.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 30, 2018