The research group on Ecosystem Processes at the Institute of Marine Research (IMR) in Norway and the Department of Arctic and Marine Biology at UiT, the Arctic University of Norway, is inviting applications for a 3-year PhD position.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The candidate must hold a master degree and must document a solid background in applied statistics, time series analysis and experience in programming in Matlab or R. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with several of the following topics: trophic and community ecology, climate-fisheries interactions, linear algebra, model sensitivity analysis, causal modelling, multivariate modelling, pattern-oriented modelling and coupled physical-biological modelling.
The successful applicant should have good skills in Norwegian or other Scandinavian languages or be willing to learn Norwegian within a reasonable time. The applicant must have a fluent command of English, both written and verbal. How to meet the language requirement.
Admission to a PhD programme is a prerequisite for employment in a PhD position; cf. Section 6 of the Regulations for the degree of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) at the UiT The Arctic University of Norway. The plan for the PhD programme must be approved and the contract signed no later than six weeks, after the starting date. In connection with this, the person who is appointed can receive a period of up to two months in which to submit a draft of their project description/reworked project description and a proposal of courses for the instruction component. In the event that the PhD contract is not completed within the stipulated deadline, the employer may annul the contract; cf. Section 1-3(8) of the Regulations relating to conditions of employment for positions of Postdoctoral Fellows, PhD Candidate, and Research Assistant.
Method of Application:Â Apply for the position inÂ http://www.jobbnorge.no/
It is required that application documents (mentioned below) are uploaded in Jobbnorge before the submission deadline. Documents must be certified and translated into Scandinavian or English, when applicable.
- Letter of application
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- Diploma and transcript from your Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent
- Diploma and transcript from your Masterâ€™s degree or equivalent
- Diploma supplement for completed degrees
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Reference letter and contact information
- List of works and description of these the list of works shall contain the following information:
- Author(s), the workâ€™s title
- For articles: the journalâ€™s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- For publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages