The University of British Columbia is inviting applications for Graduate Awards Competition. A number of University awards for the upcoming academic year are available to current and incoming graduate students.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing master and doctoral programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Students must be registered, full-time graduate students during the period of the award. Additional eligibility criteria differ between awards, and students might be eligible for multiple awards. List of awards is available in theÂ Application Form â€“ Part 2. In theÂ Application Form â€“ Part 2, studentsÂ must clearly address their eligibility as specifically to the award description as possible.Â To be eligible to receive funding, applicants must meetÂ allÂ the criteria for each award they apply for.
Applicants must submit the following materials to their graduate program at UBC:
- CompletedÂ Application Form â€“ PART 1
- CompletedÂ Application Form â€“ PART 2
- Canadian CCV â€“ CGS-Masterâ€™s version
Applicants are required to complete the CCV from the Canadian Common CV Web siteÂ as part of their application. Refer to the Canadian Common CV â€“ How to Complete the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Masterâ€™s Version for details.
Applicants should access the .pdf version of their CCV by clicking â€œHistoryâ€ in the top menu bar when logged into the CCV website and download the .pdf version of their CCV, rather than the .xml version.
- Academic records for all university-level studies (including studies undertaken but not completed) up to December 31, 2017. For institutions other than UBC, only official transcripts will be accepted. These may be original or certified true copies provided by the applicantâ€™s graduate program. For UBC, the applicantâ€™s â€œAcademic Historyâ€ printed from the SISC by the applicantâ€™s graduate program will be accepted. Please note that students must request certified true copies of transcripts from their graduate program, not from the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- One recommendation letter/formÂ Only recommendation letter/form signed by the person providing the reference are acceptable; original, faxed, and scanned copies sent by e-mail directly to the applicantâ€™s graduate program are acceptable. In some cases, a reference letter submitted for a previous scholarship competition may be used; see theÂ application instructionsÂ for details.
Method of Application:
Applicants must check with their graduate program regarding their programâ€™s internal application deadline. Internal application deadlines are normally several weeks before the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies deadline, as graduate programs must review studentsâ€™ applications well in advance of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies deadline.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 25, 2018