The University of Victoria’s Department of Indigenous Education (Victoria, Canada) is delighted to offer limited term Postdoctoral Fellowship position. The appointment is for one year, with the potential for extension for a second year.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
1) Completed a PhD in a discipline relevant to Indigenous language revitalization, including but not limited to education, linguistics, anthropology, public health, language assessment, etc.Ideally, but not necessarily, the PhD will have been completed in the four years immediately prior to the start.
2) Lived experience in an Indigenous community
3) Knowledge of an Indigenous language
4) Demonstrated research experience related to Indigenous language revitalization, adult language learning, or similar fields
5) Participation in the community based and community driven projects
6)Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent communication skills
7) Willing to work or regularly meet on site at UVIC (negotiable)
International applicants: Interested applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada will need to apply for a work permit and/or visa in order to come to Canada for their fellowship. Obtaining these documents is the applicants’ responsibility and the process can take up to several months or more be depending on where you are from.
Method of Application:
Qualified candidates should send (by email, as the PDF attachment) the following materials:
1) A cover letter addressing the eligibility requirements
2) A statement of research intent related to the research themes, max. 2 pages
3) Curriculum Vitae
4) List of two (2) references, including contact details (reference letters will be required for final decisions)
5) Two (2) writing samples (published or unpublished) that best exemplify your scholarly work, along with an explanation of your role in each sample.
Questions related to the application processor position can be addressed to netolnew-at-uvic.ca.
Please send application materials electronically to netolnew-at-uvic.ca.
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 30, 2018