The Q-Life Institute of PSL for quantitative biology is awarding Interdisciplinary Master Scholarship in Life Sciences of PSL University. International and French students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue master programme.
- Students holding a foreign bachelorâ€™s degree in Life Sciences or in another discipline with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences,
- Students holding a French Master 1 or 2 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences (including French engineering school students).
The conditions for application are as follows:
- Â Students holding a foreign bachelorâ€™s degreeÂ in Life Sciences, or in another discipline, but with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences, are eligible to IMaLiS and its scholarship program, at either the Master 1 or Master 2 levels (Master 2 applications require completion of a 4-year bachelor or a Master 1). The level of admission will take into account both student wishes and faculty evaluations of the candidacy. If a student is recruited at the Master 1 level, s/he may obtain a one-year scholarship that can be renewed for one additional year to cover the second year of IMaLiS. If recruitment takes place at the Master 2 level, the fellowship will be awarded for one year only. However, after completion of the Master 2 year, students are eligible to apply for additional fellowships under the auspices of the PSLÂ Institute of Innovation and TechnologyÂ or to pursue PhDs in PSL laboratories.
- Students holding a French Master 1 degree or equivalentÂ (i.e. having completed the second year ofÂ engineering school) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated the interest in Life Sciences are eligible for the scholarship program and for the IMaLiS Master 1, to gain complementary training in Biology. In this case, renewal of the fellowship for continuation in the Master 2 program is not guaranteed but can be obtained on a competitive basis.
- Students holding a French Master year 2 degree or equivalentÂ (i.e. engineering school diploma) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated an interest in Life Sciences are also eligible for the scholarship program and for the IMaLiS Master 2.
- Recipients of Masterâ€™s scholarships spend their second-semester internships in Q-Life laboratories, pursuing interdisciplinary Life Science projects. Acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of the prior degree.
Method of Application:Â
Application for a scholarship automatically includes application to the IMaLiS Masterâ€™s program (only one application is required). You will need to complete the PSL online application form forÂ M1Â orÂ M2. (Opening at the beginning of March 2018) and to upload the following documents:
â€¢ AÂ curriculum vitae, including the coursework you have completed and details of the subjects and modules that have made up your higher education to date.
â€¢ AnÂ ID photo.
â€¢ AÂ letter of motivationÂ (typewritten), introducing yourself, indicating how you foresee your professional career, what the graduate program will bring you, and by specifying the courses that you would like to follow, in particular, if it concerns the specialized courses offered by the institutes Curie and Pasteur.
â€¢ Scans of yourÂ bachelorâ€™s degreeÂ (or equivalent) and of your undergraduate and postgraduate academic transcripts. Please supply any available official information regarding your relative ranking (e.g. top 5%) and the number of students in the class.
â€¢ Two or threeÂ letters of recommendationÂ to be uploaded to the platform by professors or researchers who know you well.