Â The Institute for Advanced Studies in Vienna (IHS) is inviting applications for PhD fellowship as part of the PhD network â€˜The Post-Crisis Legitimacy of the European Unionâ€™ (PLATO). International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Course Level:Â Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Other institutions for PhD enrolment could be explored based on the candidatesâ€™ wishes.
Two important eligibility conditions apply to Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Innovative Training Networks (ITN):
- Candidates cannot have resided and carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to 1 May 2018 (or start date of contract). If it is not evident from the application that this criterion is met, please include an explanation as part of your application.
- Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of her/his research career and not already be in the possession of a doctoral degree.
- Masterâ€™s degree in political science, sociology, or a related social science discipline, which includes at least two years of study at MA level and an MA thesis. The masterâ€™s thesis must have been submitted before the application deadline. A prerequisite for taking up the position is the successful completion of a masterâ€™s degree.
Strong and promising academic record
Method of Application:Â
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to Sigrid Stemberger (stemberger-at-ihs.ac.at). The application must include the following documents:
- Â Letter of motivation
- Â Research proposal (2,000-3,000 words) (Guidelines for the project proposal)
- Â Two letters of recommendation
- Â Copy of MA degree diploma(s)
- Â Copies of academic transcripts
- Â CV with full summary of education, practice, academic and non-academic work experience, language proficiency, positions of trust, and other qualifying/extracurricular activities. The period of enrolment (admission-completion) in the Masterâ€™s study program must be specified.
The application and all supporting documents must be provided in English.