Thomson Foundation is now accepting applications for Journalism Now Scholar Competition for worldwide journalists. The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
Course Level: This is five weeks summer scholars programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Open to Journalists worldwide.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The small print:
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm (GMT) on 1st May 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the winner’s images, name and voice for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Method of Application: Prize: Participation in Thomson Foundation’s digital and multimedia summer course – a five-week long intensive training programme in London (from 6th August to 7th September 2018) with a week’s work experience in a UK media organization.
Here’s how to enter, in three steps:
1) Enrol in your first Journalism Now online course (if you haven’t already enrolled on a course). You can browse through all of our live courses here.
2) Once you’ve enrolled on a course of your choice, log in to the Journalism Now platform (details on how to log in will be given once you enrol), find the Journalism Now Scholar channel and register your intent to participate in the competition by posting a piece of work that you have completed.
3) Next, you need to complete FIVE courses successfully. All of our Journalism Now courses are self-paced. Some courses can be completed within three hours over multiple sessions, others up to six hours, on average. You have until 1st May to complete all five courses.