The Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for two PhD scholarships within International Relations/Military Change as of September 1, 2018.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To qualify for a PhD scholarship, you must have a high academic level and be able to outline an original research project. The project is individual, but it should be related to the collective research project â€œTransforming Armed Forces in the 21st Centuryâ€ at CWS (see below). We are looking for candidates possessing personal qualities such as curiosity and a strong desire to understand and solve societal challenges. You must be able work independently andâ€”in consultation with the PhD supervisorâ€”prioritize the different aspects of your work. Finally, you are expected to have good interpersonal skills, be interested in engaging with the national and international research community (your supervisor and the department will support you in this), be present and take part in the daily academic and social environments in Odense.
Method of Application:
An application must include:
- Application form (please see below)
- A project proposal, max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography etc. The project description must be anonymized, i.e. it may not reveal your name or identity in any way. The total length of characters including spaces of the project description must be stated on the first page of the project description. If your name is mentioned in your project description or if the description exceeds the specified length, your application will be rejected without further assessment
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your masterâ€™s degree certificate including all examination results. In case of a possible 4+4 enrolment, a certified copy of your bachelorâ€™s degree certificate and a transcribe of your masterâ€™s level examination results must be included.
- Information on experience with teaching, dissemination, or scientific publication, if applicable.
When applying for a PhD scholarship, please fill in theÂ application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 12, 2018