The Quebec Ministry of Higher Education (MEES) is offering Merit Scholarships for International students. To be eligible, students must be a full-time student for both the fall and winter terms in the program.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for students enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students can apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible, you must be an international student, that is:
You have come to Quebec to study and studying is your primary activity; and
You are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada as defined by law and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, nor have you submitted an application for permanent residence; Students must also:
Students must also:
Be from one of the following 44 countries*: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Be enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college; meet the admission criteria of your program of studies as well as the requirements that will allow you to earn a DEC during your stay as a Quebec student.
Be preselected by your CEGEP, having already received a favourable admission decision;
To receive the scholarship, you must have all legal authorisations required by immigration authorities: Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for Studies issued by MIDI, Quebecâ€™s Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion; study permit issued by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); if required to fulfill a mandatory internship, a work permit.
Method of Application:
Studentâ€™s application package must include:
- The admission letter from your CEGEP;
- A copy of birth certificate clearly indicating your parentsâ€™ names;
- The comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec;
- Merit scholarship application form completed and signed;
- A letter of motivation (maximum 500 words);
- A copy of the identification page of your valid passport or other official document providing proof of citizenship;
- Photocopies of each diploma, transcript/report card, proof of internship (if relevant), honour roll, scholarship, awards for excellence or distinction, if you have them, as well as a letter explaining the grading system used by the school in question. (Note that transcripts or report cards in languages other than French or English must be accompanied by an official translation.);
- Two letters of recommendation, completed using the form provided.
To receive your first merit scholarship disbursement, you must:
- Have arrived in Quebec and hold a CAQ for studies, a study permit, and a work permit (if required to fulfill a mandatory internship). These documents must be valid for the entire period your scholarship is to cover;
- Be committed to studying full-time and to completing the program of study for which you have requested the scholarship. You may hold a student job as long as you respect the restrictions which apply to international students; attend the college that submitted your application. Students receiving a scholarship may not change schools.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 9, 2018