UniversitÃ© CÃ´te dâ€™Azur is delighted to offer up to five fully funded PhD fellowships open to researchers worldwide to begin no later than October 2018.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue Doctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Open to researchers worldwide.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants may have received a Masterâ€™s degree, but should not have yet been awarded a doctoral degree. Students who have not yet completed their Masterâ€™s degree by the application deadline but who may nevertheless be ready for a Ph.D. program â€” as attested to, for example, by the completion of significant undergraduate or masterâ€™s level researchâ€”may also apply (see below). They would be eligible to receive a doctoral program of excellence fellowship only after proving that they have completed their masterâ€™s degree.
Applicants who have previously been considered but who received a grade of B or C during the selection process are not allowed to re-apply in the subsequent session.
A potential supervisor can only support one candidate. A candidate may only apply with one research project and one supervisor.
Research projects must follow French and European regulations on ethics issues in order to be eligible for funding. In particular, projects involving activities aimed at human cloning for reproductive purposes, or intended to modify human genetics in a heritable manner, or aimed at creating human embryos for the sole purpose of research, cannot be funded. All applications involving other ethical issues will be required to declare them and to provide additional information and documentation.
Method of Application:Â Applicants are expected to present a research program in coordination with a potential supervisor affiliated with one of the research teams of Universite? Co?te dâ€™Azur.
Candidates are invited to apply online on the dedicated website:Â https://nuxeo.univ-cotedazur.fr/nuxeo/nxdoc/default/311511d4-b0a2-4452-b67a-0d34d4385331/view_documents
Applicants should upload the following documents (as PDF or JPG files):
- The filled Application Form (A)
- The Curriculum Vitae of the doctoral candidate, including a list of two references with their names, titles/relationship to the candidate (e.g., Committee Member, Research Collaborator), addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. (B)
- A cover letter describing the applicantâ€™s motivation (C)
- Last diploma (D)
- A written description of at most 2 pages of the doctoral research project (E)
- A support letter from the host laboratory director and/or from the director of a UCA academy (F)
- A copy of the applicantâ€™s passport or ID (G)
- A letter + CV from the anticipated supervisor (and co-supervisor, if applicable) (H)
- CV of supervisor (I)
- Advisor letter attesting the adequacy of the academic environment with the research topic (J)
- additional documents (K)
- In case of co-financing, the letter confirming the annual financial support, its amount, nature (wage, research fundsâ€¦), and duration.
- Any other document that may be relevant to the selection process (undergraduate grade transcripts, publications, letter of support from the supervisor of a master level internship â€¦).A reference letter from the person in charge of the applicantâ€™s Master program, or a complete transcript of the Masterâ€™s degree program courses; or (for foreign applicants who have not completed a Masterâ€™s degree but who have completed a bachelorâ€™s degree and have significant research experience): complete undergraduate transcript, general and subject GRE test scores, a written description of the previous research project, and a letter of recommendation from the previous research supervisor, to be sent confidentially from the supervisor to the UCA : ced-at-unice.fr).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 11, 2018