The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral candidates to apply for the 2018 call of The Programme in Bioengineering Excellence Scientific Training (BEST). Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
IBEC’s Programme in Bioengineering Excellence Scientific Training (BEST) aims to attract international experienced researchers in the areas of Nanomedicine, Cell Engineering and ICT for Health, the three research Flagships at the Institute.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to the postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible, candidates have to accomplish the following requirements:
Candidates must have been awarded a Ph.D. degree prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd, 2018)
Candidates are eligible for a period of 5 years following the award of the Ph.D. degree at the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd, 2018). This limit will be extended in situations of documented career breaks such as maternity/paternity leave (up to 12 months per child), sick leave, forced displacement due to armed conflicts and military service for the necessary duration. Should an applicant hold more than one doctoral degree, this period will be counted from the first degree earned.
Candidates of all nationalities are eligible. However, if they have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (September 3rd, 2018), they are not eligible. Short stays, such as holidays, will not be taken into account.
Please note that that for refugees under the Geneva Convention, the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as ‘period of residence/activity’ in Spain.
Candidates must be the first author on at least one peer-reviewed publication at the time of the call deadline (April 30th, 2018)
Candidates must have an excellent command of the English language.
Method of Application: Applications must be submitted through the online application platform available in the IBEC website.
- To register for the BEST online application platform and create a new account.
- To fill in all the Sections. Only full applications submitted by the call deadline will be evaluated.
- To submit all required documents in the Application Sections, applicants should:
- Complete the Curriculum Vitae with a full list of publications, years dedicated to research, conferences, projects, awards, mobility, tech transfer and teaching activities.
- Submit a motivation letter with a declaration of interests to apply for the fellowship.
- Select one of the three IBEC areas that may be of interest: Nanomedicine, Cell Engineering and ICT for Health.
- Indicate the IBEC research group which he/she would like to work.
- To write a proposal for your prospective research project to be carried out. Applicants have to contact the Group Leader or Associated researcher of their choice, in order to discuss their research project with them. The proposal should have a maximum length of 6 pages (plus cover page and references) and should be written using the downloadable template at the online application platform.
Projects involving more than one research group are welcome, but the main supervisor at IBEC must be designated.
- The BEST ethical issues table (template provided in the online application platform), addressing any ethical issues arising from your research proposal, along with details about how projects will comply with Horizon2020 ethical principles, should be filled in.
- To submit the certificate or official notification of the award of each academic degree (BSc, MSc, and Ph.D.), where the date on which the degree was earned appears.
- To indicate the contact details of two referees that will support your application. Each referee will receive an email with a link where they will be able to upload their letter of recommendation in PDF format to the online application platform.
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 30, 2018