New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships offers the opportunity to people from targeted African countries to undertake development-related studies at tertiary education institutions in New Zealand.
Eligible African countries:Â Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon,Â Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda,Â Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania,Â Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Masterâ€™s Degree (1 â€“ 2 years)
- PhD (3 â€“ 4 years)
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia. Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship. Have at least 2 years of work experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).
- Not be serving military personnel.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
Method of Application:Â If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, we encourage you to go through and complete the required StepsÂ wayÂ beforeÂ application deadline in March 2018.
See theÂ How to ApplyÂ page for details.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 14th March 2018