The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science has established the new Bridge Fellowship Program in all fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible, a researcher must meet both of the following requirements.
- Be a researcher who has experienced research in Japan under a JSPS program and who is currently a regular member of an officially recognized JSPS alumni association
- Agreement by host researcher to all seven items of support inÂ FormBÂ (Agreement by Host Researcher)
*Upon receiving a recommendation from an alumni association/JSPS office, JSPS contacts the proposed host researcher in Japan. When doing so, there have been cases when proposed hosts said that they could not provide the support stipulated in Form2 or could not host the fellow. Therefore, researchers should communicate fully with their proposed Japanese hosts before applying.
* Researchers who have already been supported under this program in either FY2013, FY2014, FY2015, FY2016, or FY2017 are ineligible for this award.
* Each alumni association has its ownÂ screening criteria (Provision C). Please check the screening criteria (Provision C) of your alumni association before applying.
Method of Application:Â The alumni association/JSPS office screen the submitted applications and send candidate recommendations along with the required documents (sub-paragraphs 1) and 2) below) via the Internet to the address provided by JSPS by the deadlines stipulated in the application guideline.
All paper used in applications should be A4 size. The format prescribed by JSPS should be used for recommendations. The size or format of the forms should NOT be altered by applicants.
- Application documents prepared by applicants (and submitted to the alumni association/JSPS office)
- a) Application for JSPS BRIDGE Fellowship (Form A) PDF
- b) Agreement by Host Researcher (Form B) PDF
* Applicants should provide the alumni association/JSPS office with any other documents they wish to be submitted.
- Recommendation documents prepared by applicantâ€™s alumni association in coordination with the JSPS office
- a) List of Recommended from BRIDGE Nominating Committee
- b) Letters of Recommendation from BRIDGE Nominating Committee
- c) Provisions a), b), c) ,d)
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 14, 2018