The Holland Scholarship at Leiden University is intended for talented international students who would like to follow an English-taught Bachelorâ€™s programme.
Course Level:Â Bachelor (Undergraduate)
Eligible Countries:Â Nationals of non-EEA countries (EEA: All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
- You areÂ notÂ an EEA passport holder and areÂ notÂ eligible for supportÂ from the Dutch study finance system.
- You have never studied at a Dutch university or a Dutch university of applied sciences.
- You haveÂ completed yourÂ pre-university education outside The Netherlands.
Method of Application:Â
- Compose a letter of motivation (max. 500 words), in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extra-curricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- Before 1 February, submit an onlineÂ application for admissionÂ for one of the above-mentioned Bachelorâ€™s progammes at Leiden University.
- Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Holland Scholarship and upload your scholarship motivation letter where indicated.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st February 2018
Award Providers:Â The Holland Scholarship is made available by Leiden University,Â Nuffic, VSNU, Vereniging Hogescholen and theÂ Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
Important Notes:Â The Holland Scholarship is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA Holland Scholarship recipients must still submit â€˜proof of sufficient fundsâ€™ for their studentÂ visa/residence permitÂ application.