The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is currently accepting applications for a limited number of scholarships for International Master of Public Health Program. The one-year APHEA-accredited English-language IMPH Program provides its trainees with tools for examining public health challenges and formulating relevant responses at the institutional, community and national level.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Students from lower-income and small-island-countries.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must have met the following requirements:
To be eligible for the IMPH Program you must hold an academic degree (BA/BSc, MA/MSc, MD) in medicine, dentistry, nursing, another allied health field, or in one of the basic biological or social sciences relevant to health from a recognized university. Diploma/Advanced Diploma degrees are not recognized as academic degrees by Hebrew University.
Applicants who hold only a bachelorâ€™s degree must have obtained an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 75% in their undergraduate studies. Practical experience in public health is taken into account as well as academic achievement. Students must have a command of basic computing skills.
Method of Application:Â Applications must be submitted online and include the following documents listed below. All documents should be labelled with the file name. Do not upload zip files.
- Completed application form.
- Copy of an academic degree certificate and valid transcripts (for all degrees), including transcripts for all transfer credits. If transcripts are not in English, submit official translations and original.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction must present results of an English language proficiency exam from a recognized language-instruction institute. Applicants who have previously studied at an institution where English is the language of instruction do not need to submit proof of English proficiency.
- Medical report attesting to the applicantâ€™s good health signed by a physician. Please note, medical insurance does not cover dental care and expenses arising from pre-existing conditions and other health conditions/procedures.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- â€œPersonal statementâ€ or autobiography describing the reasons for wanting to pursue a masterâ€™s degree in public health.
- Letters of recommendation from 3 senior academicians or professionals who can attest to the applicantâ€™s qualifications and ability to successfully complete the Program. Letters must be written on letterhead, signed, and uploaded by the person writing the letter. Letters uploaded by the applicant will be removed.
- Photocopy of a valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months from the end of the program). Israeli citizens only please upload a copy of Israeli ID and Israeli passport and foreign passport if relevant.
- Optional: A letter from an employer or future employer attesting to the intent to re-employ the applicant upon completion of the MPH degree.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 29, 2018