The new Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence (TFGE) is now available for all new domestic and international students to study at the University of Tennessee in the USA. The TFGE is the signature graduate fellowship program at UT. This prestigious fellowship is offered to top incoming students.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Nominees must be prospective PhD students who have been approved for admission through the ADMIT system.
- Nominees must have an identified faculty member who will assist the student with beginning a research agenda.
- Departments (colleges) must provide a GRA stipend.
- Faculty mentors and Tennessee Fellows agree to work with ORE staff in pursuit of external funding support as appropriate (Fulbright applications, research grants, external fellowships, etc.).
Method of Application:Â Applications will be made through the ADMIT system. Specific details will follow. The number of nominations allowed is determined by department PhD enrollments in fall 2017. Departments with 1-49 PhD students may submit 1 nominee; departments with 50-99 PhD students may submit 2 nominees, and departments with 100+ PhD students may submit up to 3 nominees.
Nominations must include:
- A letter of support from the faculty mentor to include the qualifications of the nominee, a brief description of the research area the student will explore upon arrival at UT, and a preliminary mentoring plan for the student
- An endorsement letter from the department head, including the level of stipend support committed to the student and any other resources available to the student (health insurance, travel support, etc.)
- A resume/CV of the student
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 17, 2018