St Josephâ€™s Institution International School Malaysia is inviting applications for scholarships to students entering Year 12 in August 2018.Â The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a 2 year educational programme primarily aimed at students aged 16-18.Â The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet help to create a better and more peaceful world.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to students entering in year 12.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: Â The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a 2-year educational programme primarily aimed at students aged 16-18. Success in the IBDP offers students the opportunity to gain access to the best universities in the world.Â St Josephâ€™s Institution International School Malaysia (SJIIM) is offering scholarships to students entering Year 12 in August 2018.Â The Scholarship Programme aims to enable deserving students to benefit from our unique holistic Lasallian education, regardless of financial means.
- SJIIM scholarships are awarded to outstanding students to study the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) at SJIIM for a period of 2 years.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the most outstanding applicants with excellent quality of mind, active participation in extra-curricular activities, positive personal qualities and strong communication abilities.
- Malay:Â As per government requirements, Malay will be compulsory for all students who are Malaysian citizens up to and including Year 11. Non-Malaysian citizens will have the option of studying Malay asÂ a 2nd language if they wish to do so. In the Elementary School, all students will have 1 lesson of Malay per week.
- Chinese:Â Mandarin will be offered as a 1st Language, Second Language, and Foreign Language at all grade levels.
- Spanish: In the Elementary School, students will be exposed to some Spanish Language and Culture but will not study Spanish formally. There will be the opportunity to attend a Spanish CCA. In the High School, Spanish will be offered as an elective subject at all grade levels.
Method of Application:Â You may submit any information or testimonials that highlights significant achievement in the past 2 years that you believe will support your application. A maximum of 12 pages, submitted into 1 PDF document will be accepted.
Please include your name in the top left-hand corner of each additional document and email it with your application.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 19, 2018