The University of Eastern Finland is awarding tuition fee waiver scholarships for international students. A generous scholarship scheme covers the tuition fee either in full or partially for students who are required to pay tuition.
The Masterâ€™s Degree Programme in Information Technology (IMPIT) offers an international Masterâ€™s degree in IT at European standards in two years. The aim is that most students are employed by a Finnish ICT company when they graduate.
The University of Eastern Finland is a university in Finland with three campuses in Joensuu, Kuopio, and Savonlinna. It was formed in 2010 by a merger of two previously independent universities.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing masterâ€™s degree programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of Information Technology (IMPIT).
ScholarshipÂ Benefits:Â Either 100% or 80% of annual tuition
Eligible nationalities:Â International students (except EU/EEA) can apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Students who are required to pay the tuition fee. BSc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or equivalent degree corresponding at least three years of full-time higher education academic studies.
Method of Application:Â Each application must include the following documents
- Official transcript of university records from the home university in English, or an officially certified translation of it.
- A certified copy of BSc. diploma or equivalent (OR a statement of expected graduation, if the BSc degree has not been completed yet, OR a provisional BSc certificate)
- Motivation letter
- An introductory video file of an applicant uploaded into a video-streaming service such as youtube/vimeo/tudou. Link (URL) to the video has to be included into the application form. The maximum duration of a video is 2 minutes. The video should include the introduction, educational background and possible merits of the applicant. The video must be reachable from 31.1.2018 â€“ 31.3.2018.
- Letter of recommendation from a local academic authority, preferably known to the UEF
- Generally recognized English language certificate mailed directly from the test administrator (in case of IELTS, also a copy of the result sheet is accepted) OR a certificate stating language skills, if one of the specific conditions for language skills is fulfilled (mentioned at the bottom of this page)
- Passport copy/other documents of identification
- Optionally, an example of a link to own individual work in English (research paper, report,Â , art, literature review, documented software, and similar). This should be translated into English or Finnish.
Upon applying for admission to the program (a separate section in an admission form)
- Make sure that you fulfil the admission requirements and have all the required documents enlightened
- Fill out the application form in an online application system and attach the required enclosures.
- Send all the required documents to IMPIT programme, University of Eastern Finland, Admissions Office.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 31, 2018