The University of Cambridge is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for Smuts Cambridge Scholarship. The funding partner is Smut Memorial Fund.Â The aim of the scholarships is to help talented students who need aids to achieve their desired future.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Â Scholarship is awarded in the fields of Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences.
Eligibility Criteria:Â This scholarship is available to PhD applicants whose research relates to a Commonwealth country or countries (excluding the UK), normally in the fields of Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences.
A successful applicant:
- Maybe a citizen of any country outside the EU
- Must be liable for fees at the overseas rate (seeÂ Your Fee Status)
- Must apply to study a PhD at the University of Cambridge and be offered admission (seeÂ Prospective Graduate Students)
- Must complete Section B of the application form to indicate that s/he wishes to be considered for scholarship funding and must submit the completed application by the published deadline (normally at the start of December in the year before the start of the PhD)
- Must propose a PhD research topic that is specifically related to a Commonwealth country or countries (excluding the UK), normally in the fields of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
Method of Application If you are applying for graduate study, please check and apply by the specific course deadline. Â Some deadlines are as early as mid-November (LLM Law) and there will be two general course deadlines ofÂ 6 December 2017Â andÂ 4 January 2018.
Please apply by the relevant deadline set for entry to your particular course and complete the â€˜Fundingâ€™ section in the onlineÂ Applicant PortalÂ in order to be considered for funding.
There will be no differential of deadlines for application between UK or EU or International graduate applicants.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â December 6, 2017, andÂ January 4, 2018