The University of Surrey is pleased to announce the call for the international scholarship to pursue masterâ€™s degree in Engineering and Physical Sciences. These scholarships are exclusively open for overseas applicants.
Course Level:Â The scholarship is available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject:Â The scholarship is awarded in the field of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
Scholarship Award:Â The scholarship will cover Â£2,500 â€“ Â£5,000.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ the UK
Eligible Countries:Â International
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet following criteria:
- An offer holder for a full-time programme in one of the above departments.
- Achieve either a 2:1 or a 1stÂ class honours degree or equivalent
- Apply for their chosen programme within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline
- Be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Be self-funded (you must be paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship, whether that be an external scholarship or any other university-funded scholarship)
- Meet all the conditions of your offer
- English Language Requirements:Â The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English â€“ the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) â€“ the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) â€“ the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Method of Application:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of English language level (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your passport (if you need a visa to study here)
- A personal statement (for non-research programmes)
- A research proposal (for research programmes only)
- Contact details of two referees
Scholarship Application deadline:Â Applications are open for 2018 entry.