The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
The University of Newcastle now wishes to offer its PhD scholarship and providing an opportunity within the UON School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy in the Faculty of Health and Medicine for a PhD research student. The Scholarship is available for both Australia and international students. The aim of the scholarship is to support students who have masters in Biomed/Sci, with a completed research project that employed drug development, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, cell culture techniques and be prepared to used animal models.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the anticancer properties of Low-THC containing Medicinal Cannabis.
Scholarship benefits: $26,682 p.a. (2017 rate, indexed in January each year), for 3.5 years. The scholarship is provided by Faculty in-line with our recent successful Fellowship application.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have a master in Biomed/Sci, with a completed research project that employed drug development, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, cell culture techniques and be prepared to used animal models.
Method of Application: If you are interested, please send your application by post:
Step 1 – Find a research degree
- Find the right research degree for you on our full listing of:
- PhD degrees
- Research Masters degrees
Step 2 – Find a supervisor
- Scholarship applicants – All Commonwealth Government and UON scholarship applications must complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form and have it signed by a potential UON supervisor to be considered for the scholarship. You should upload the EOI form with your online application. The potential supervisor will also provide you with a Pre-Identified Candidate (PIC) code which must be included in your application. Please see the Guide for uploading this information to your online application. Support from a potential supervisor is needed before your application can be considered but does not guarantee that you will be offered admission or awarded a scholarship.
- The EOI form is a fillable PDF. Please right click the link below and save the document to your computer.
- Download the Expression of Interest form (PDF, 176 KB)
- For admission only applicants – it is highly recommended you liaise with a UON supervisor prior to submitting your application.
- Go to the find a supervisor page
Step 3 – Write a research proposal
- You are required to submit a research proposal which is a clear statement describing your proposed area of research. Consultation with an academic staff member in your area of research interest is required.
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 1, 2018