The new Africa PhD Fellowship Program is now available for all international students who are enrolled in a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa.Â Successful students receive fellowships, which include a $10,000 award per year over 3 years.Â The aim of the scholarship is to assist members in maintaining and improving their professional development, irrespective of their existing qualifications.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Fellowship is awarded in computer science and related areas.
Scholarship benefits:Â Successful students receive named Fellowships, which include a $10,000 award per year over 3 years.
Eligible Nationality:Â International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Students:Â Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply. Students should be early stage PhD students, i.e., should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD Applicants for the 2018 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1 January 2017. Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award. Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas. Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible. Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be current full-time Undergraduate or Masters Students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/ affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program of an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2018, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for a PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable to the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- Applicants who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
Method of Application:Â Gather the following documents:
- Applicantâ€™s resume with links to publications (if available).
- One-page resume of the studentâ€™s PhD program advisor.
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelorâ€™s degree to date.
- Research proposal (maximum two pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicantâ€™s work (at least one coming from the thesis adviser in case of current Ph.D. students). If the recommendation writers want to send the letter separately, they can mail it directly toÂ email@example.comÂ with the subject â€œRecommendation for [applicant-name]â€.
Deadline:Â January 19, 2018