The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The universityâ€™s main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.
The University of Western Australia is providingÂ English Language Course Scholarships for international PhD students. Scholarships are offered free of charge to selected students who have been offered a PhD place at UWA.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for 10-week pre-course English language program.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of English.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Â The UWA English Language Bridging Scholarship includes:
- The full cost of the 10-week bridging course (enrolment fee, tuition fee and course texts) at UWA CELT. NB: scholarship does not cover the cost of health cover (OSHC or OVHC);
- A stipend of AUD $450/week is paid to the student for the length of the Bridging Course, as a contribution towards living expenses;
- At the conclusion of the 10 weeks Bridging Course, the student is entitled to receive a further two weeks stipend of $450 per week, or if preferred, a return flight home prior to commencing the PhD program as long as the cost of the flights is equal to or less than two weeks stipend.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Students who have been offered a PhD place at UWA, and have not quite achieved the UWA English entry requirement.
Method of Application:Â The student is automatically considered at the time of applying. Submit an application to the respective HDR support team in your Faculty or to an authorisedÂ UWA representativeÂ if you are an international student.
This application should include:
- A completed research application form (see below)
- All certified documents as listed on the application form
- A brief outline (250 words maximum) of your proposed research project.
- Application forÂ higher degree by research
- Application for higher degree by research
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Open for 2018