The Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) is inviting applications for Donald Dyer Scholarships. These scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral or masters by research studies in the field of public relations and/or communication.
The Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) is the national industry body for public relations and communication professionals in Australia. PRIA represents and provides professional support and recognition to over 4,000 practitioners and more than 100 consultancies nationwide.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral or masters by research studies.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of public relations and/or communication.
Scholarship benefits:Â The Donald Dyer Scholarship is the largest research scholarship available in Australia for communication scholars and practitioners. The value of the Scholarship will not exceed $30,000 per year for a maximum of three years (for a full time student) with a six-month extension for Doctorate of Philosophy candidates. The Scholarship will run for two years for a Masters degree (full time). The annual lump sum of up to $5,000 PA will be provided to cover costs such as research-related expenses, conferences, overseas study and minor expenses as detailed in the scholarâ€™s application.
Nationality:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:Â Please send all applications via email.
Applicants will be required to provide a curriculum vitae and two page written statement outlining:
- The research to be undertaken as part of their higher degree.
- A statement from the university where the scholar will study, confirming that the applicant is eligible for a postgraduate research degree at that university, and detailing the course of study and the research program.
- How the research will make a significant contribution to the development of the practice of the public relations profession.
- Career goals and future plans
- How the scholarship will help achieve their ambitions.
- Other contributing evidence of the worthiness of the applicant may be drawn from referee reports, publications, professional experience, research field, communication skills, leadership potential and opportunities to interact with related disciplines in developing and implementing the research.
Scholarship Application deadline:Â November 30, 2017