Approximately 13% of students at the University of Bordeaux are international. The university has developed a wide range of international study programs that are taught in English (or other languages such as Spanish) and that offer students the possibility of completing joint or double degrees. The University of Bordeaux offers 245 curricula leading to national degrees, organized around four major scientific fields: ScienceÂ and Technology, Law, Political Science, Economy, Management, Life and Health Sciences, Social and Human Sciences.
The University of Bordeaux Initiative of Excellence (IdEx Bordeaux) is inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships to study in France. Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Available Subject:Â Fellowships are awarded support is granted to researchers from all disciplines demonstrating excellence in terms of their profile and their project.
Scholarship Benefits:Â The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract ( a one-year contract that may be renewed once), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 3 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
Candidates for an IdEx Bordeaux Post-doctoral fellowship cannot act as a PI for a Junior Chair grant in the same year. If such is the case, only the postdoctoral application will be considered eligible.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Method of Application:Â In order to prepare your application, please follow these steps:
- Identify the proper local scientific environment for your project.
- Obtain the agreement of a local laboratory.
- Prepare your application by downloading Documents A and B from our website.
- Once all the requested documents are completed, go to the application page and log in or create an account.
- Once logged in, fill in the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- The Project proposal, or Document A (in pdf format);
- The Ethical issues document, or Document BÂ (in pdf format);
- A short CV with a list of a maximum of 3 referents, max. 2 pages (in pdf format);
- A major achievements track-record, max. 2 pages. (list of major publications, patents, and other important scientific communications and awards, in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the local mentor (in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the director of the host laboratory (in pdf format);
- A cover letter (in pdf format);
- Signed letters from the referents mentioned in the CV (in pdf format). Reference letters may be attached with the other application documents, or sent directly to the address indicated at the end of this document;
- A copy of your PhD certificate or any other official document attesting that the candidate holds a doctoral degree, in French or English (in pdf format).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Applications are open from October 26 to November 26, 2017.