De Montfort University (DMU) is a public university in the city of Leicester, England. The UK Department of Education awarded the institution a â€˜Goldâ€™ rating in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework, describing teaching as being â€œconsistently outstandingâ€ and â€œof the highest quality found in the UK Higher Education sectorâ€.
De Montfort University (DMU) is pleased to announce two new international postgraduate taught scholarships offering for September 2018 intake.
Strategic and International Partnerships are pleased to announce two new international postgraduate taught scholarships offering for September 2018 study.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time postgraduate taught programmes.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Full Postgraduate Scholarships which will cover the total value of the course fee; will be awarded to two outstanding students domiciled outside of the UK and the European Union. The scholarships also include an additional Â£1015 (excluding any taxes) per month for the duration of the course, to assist with accommodation and living costs.
Number of Scholarships:Â There are two new international postgraduate taught scholarships available.
Eligibility Criteria:Â In order to be awarded the scholarship, students must be willing to fulfil the following duties whilst studying:
- Assist with the organisation of relevant DMUPride events and help DMU organize initiatives for national/international LGBTQ+ awareness days.
- Become an active member of the DMU LGBT Society.
- Act as a student champion for current and potential international students and applicants who wish to discuss LGBTQ+ concerns.
- Help support DMU Local in a relationship with the Leicester LGBT centre to lead a campaign to ensure DMU becomes a safer space for the LGBTQ community and assist on any other projects to reinforce our commitment to the public good in this area.
- Continuing activism after successful completion of study
Eligible Nationalities:Â This scholarship is only available to students domiciled outside the UK, European Union or Schengen Area.
Method of Application:Â To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form. The maximum 500-word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship
- Your passion towards advocating for LGBTQ+ rights
- How you would make a positive contribution to DMU and the community in its efforts to become a safer space for their LGBTQ+ population during your studies.
- How a DMU education would benefit you in the future.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â All application should be submitted by August 17, 2018, for September 2018 study.