The University of Groningen provides top-quality educationalÂ programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes thatÂ rank wellÂ internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â The available sandwich PhD scholarship position is linked to the overall research topic â€œThe living environment and healthâ€.
Scholarship Benefits:Â The scholarship you would get at the University of Groningen is about â‚¬ 1,750 euros per month. The scholarship you would get at the University of Rostock is about â‚¬ 1,500 euros per month. In addition, you would get a personal budget of â‚¬ 3,250 euros to spend on data, conferences, language editing, and printing of your PhD thesis. If you want to take courses which are relevant for the research this will also be paid (up to a certain maximum).
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A (Research) Masterâ€™s degree in a field of study relevant to the topic of â€œLiving environment and healthâ€ (e.g. population studies, demography, geography, epidemiology, public health)
- Excellent study results and CV
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; preferably experience in academic writing
- Preferred previous experience with health/mortality research
- Preferred previous experience with geographical information systems
- Strong conceptual thinking with the desire and capacity to relate theoretical topics to practical challenges and solutions
- Strong motivation, good communicative skills, proactive and independent work.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:Â The mode of application is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 15, 2017.