The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) is part of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) established in 1632 and currently one of the largest comprehensive universities in Europe. The ABS is one of two Schools within the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB). Initiatives by the FEB to establish a separate business school were started in 2001, and the formal launch of the ABS took place in 2003.
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is inviting applications for Mr. Julia HenriÃ«tte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund to pursue Master (LLM) programme. The Faculty of Law â€“ Amsterdam Law School â€“ aims to attract talented students to its LLM programmes.
This scholarship is meant for exceptionally talented and motivated students, from within and without the EU, who wish to pursue an LLM at the Amsterdam Law School.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue Master (LLM) programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarship is awarded in the field of Law.
Scholarship Benefits:Â One Mr. Julia HenriÃ«tte Jaarsma-Adolfs FundÂ scholarship will be awarded every academic year. If the scholarship recipient is a non-EU citizen, the scholarship grant covers approximately â‚¬15.000 for non-EU tuition fees and â‚¬10.000 for living expenses. If the scholarship is awarded to an EU citizen, the scholarship will be â‚¬12.000, covering â‚¬2000 for the tuition fee and â‚¬10.000 for living expenses.
Number of Scholarships:Â One Mr. Julia HenriÃ«tte Jaarsma-Adolfs FundÂ scholarship will be awarded every academic year.
Eligibility Criteria:Â All applicants for the Mr. Julia HenriÃ«tte Â Jaarsma-Adolfs FundÂ scholarship will be subject to strict selection criteria. These criteria are as follows:
- Excellent grades during the undergraduate programme: students must belong to the top 10% of their class, with a GPA of at least 8 (on a scale from 1-10). Students must provide proof by submitting a formal statement from the dean and examinations board.
- The academic quality of the university where the undergraduate degree was obtained will be taken into account.
- The candidates must place their motivation for the specific Masterâ€™s programme in context and explain the relevance of this choice for their future career (academic or professional) in a letter of motivation (max. 500 words).
- Talent for academic research will be proven by means of a letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic (thesis) supervisor, and a telephone interview (if needed).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate participation in certain extracurricular activities such as university/student committees, experience abroad, sports, or music at a high level, or voluntary experience.
- Candidates must not be eligible for financial support from the Dutch government (study financing).
- Overall quality of the application.
Eligible Nationalities:Â EU as well Non-EU citizens are eligible to apply for this programme.
Method of Application:Â The mode of application is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â The deadline for application is January 15, 2018 â€” please note, this is earlier than the 1 April deadline for general admission.