ARTES PhD Scholarships at University of Cologne in Germany, 2018
The University of Cologne is a university in Cologne, Germany. It was the sixth university to be established in Central Europe and, although it closed in 1798 before being re-established in 1919, it is now one of the largest universities in Germany with more than 48,000 students.
The University of Cologne is inviting applications for its ARTES Doctoral Scholarships. The scholarships are available for the applicants from all over the world.
The aim of this scholarship encourages young scholars to go beyond the boundaries of their disciplines. This dialogic, cross-disciplinary approach aims to foster an understanding of a wide range of knowledge processes in all their complexity.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to purse doctoral programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship will cover the following:
- The a.r.t.e.s. the doctoral scholarship is a full scholarship of EUR 1,400 per month that is awarded for three years starting April 1, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- In addition to an outstanding final degree, the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School particularly seeks to promote young talented graduates who have successfully completed their studies as quickly as possible and who look for immediate funding opportunities after their final examination.
- The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School welcomes applications from young graduates expeditiously and who strive for dissertation project supplementation directly after their final examination. In this framework, a.r.t.e.s. also wants to support young researchers with a non-academic family background.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the scholarship
Method of Application:Â Applicants can apply via email:
- All applications are to be submitted only via e-mail to rates-application(at)uni-koeln.de. Please submit the following:
- Completed application form
- (Please download the PDF application form to your PC before completing it, as completing it in the browser frequently causes problems. Please remember to save your entries. To minimise the chance of complications, we advise you to complete the form using the latest version of the official Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- One (1) PDF-file containing the following documents:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (if applicable)
- A scan of university diploma (final degree) & Transcript of Records (Intermediate certificates or Bachelorâ€™s degree diplomas are not required.)
(If necessary, please include translations of the documents into either German, English, or French.)
(If you do not possess your degree diploma yet, please submit your Transcript of Records and/or certification of the responsible examination office and/or supervisor, if applicable. In any case, all examinations determining your final grade must have been passed at the point of application in order to qualify for the programme. The final deadline for submitting the diploma is November 28, 2017.)
- Report on degree thesis (e.g. M. A. thesis)
(The report on your degree thesis may be handed in later until November 28, 2017, at the latest.)
- Research proposal for the doctoral dissertation project
(7,000â€“12,000 characters plus appendix & bibliography)
- Expert report on the doctoral dissertation project
- Both documents (application form and the PDF file with the further documents) can be submitted in one e-mail. Please ensure that the size of the attached files complies with the requirements of your e-mail provider.
- Please note that the university diploma and the report on your degree thesis may be handed in later by November 28, 2017, at the latest. All other documents must be submitted by the application deadline of November 3, 2017.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 3, 2017.