The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide, has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigeria or Foreign / Overseas Universities.
2017/2018 NITDA scholarship for Nigerians is now open for applications from suitably qualified candidates.
National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) offers Scholarships in Information Technology for Masters and PhD Nigerian students to study at Nigerian and Overseas Universities.
Course Level: Masters, PhD
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken: Overseas
Eligible Subject Areas: Information Technology (IT), Law
Selection Criteria: The scholarships will be strictly based on merit and cover the six Geo-political Zones of the country. The Agency will collaborate with the various institutions of higher learning within and outside the country to ensure that the scheme is successfully executed.
- PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, in Information Technology related field and Law.
Number of Awards: Several
Duration: The Masters program will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
Method of Application:
- Application is based online through the registration form on the NITDA website
- Scan and attach your passport photograph (must be in jpg format) which should not be larger than 50kb.
- You should can and convert your certificate to a PDF file which should not be larger than 100kb.
If you still have any questions or experience any difficulties with the application system, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Deadline: 14th November, 2017
Sponsors: The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)