ACYA is offering 3 scholarships to study at the National Taiwan Normal University Mandarin Training Centre (NTNU MTC) during winter Term (Dec 1, 2017 â€“ Feb 27, 2018). Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The goal of the MTC Scholarship Program is to encourage promising students from foreign countries to continue their Chinese studies in Taiwan and increase the flow of international culture.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to study Chinese studies in Taiwan and increase the flow of international culture.
Available Subject:Â The MTC Scholarship, a tuition fee waiver, will be awarded to serious students of excellence to promote the study of Mandarin Chinese.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Tuition at the MTC is waived. Each year has four terms (Mar. 1-May 31 / Jun. 1-Aug. 31 / Sep. 1-Nov. 30/ Dec. 1-Feb. 28) and a summer session (July 1-Aug. 31). The duration of the scholarship is granted for a minimum of 1 term or up to a maximum of 4 consecutive terms (1 year).
- After the initial term, in accordance with available funds, continued receipt of scholarships will be determined by attendance and grades during the previous term.
Number of Scholarships:Â Up to three scholarships are available.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Outstanding students from overseas colleges and universities who have studied or are currently studying Mandarin Chinese are eligible for the scholarship. Each university may be granted one or two student scholarships.
Overseas applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be recommended by their Chinese instructor or dean.
- Students must have an outstanding academic record and be of good character.
- Students cannot be recipients of any other scholarships from other Taiwan government agencies (such as Taiwan Scholarship, Language Scholarship, Huayu Enrichment Scholarship also known as the Language Scholarship and Sister City Scholarship).
- For interested students who are currently attending universities or language centers in Taiwan please contact the MTC Scholarship Office 614 for more information.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:Â Please email the application form, additional materials listed in the application form, a copy of your resume and cover letter outlining why you should be selected as an MTC scholar and how the program will benefit you to education-at-acya.org.au before 5 pm, October 8, 2017. If you are part of an ACYA chapter, please state the chapter you are a member of.
- One Letter of Recommendation from a Chinese instructor (Must use the MTC Scholarship Reference Form)
- An original copy of the studentâ€™s most recent university transcript
- Financial Statement showing at least US$2,500 within the past 3 months (original only)
- Passport information page (photocopy acceptable)
- MTC Survey of studentâ€™s language background
- A comprehensive Study Plan, students should submit a study plan essay between 300-600 words (i.e. Students should elaborate on why they are interested in studying Mandarin Chinese, why have they chosen Taiwan, how long they plan on studying, and what they hope to gain from studying at the MTC.) application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â October 8, 2017.